HND in Business
Advance your career or your studies by learning how organisations operate and leaders manage, in a way that reflects the modern business world.This 24 unit course uses diverse, collaborative projects, exams and assignments to bring you closer to the real business world. You will develop operational and management skills as you examine central topics such as marketing, finance and decision making
- Minimum age, 18+years old
- Full secondary education. NQF 3 for example A levels OR AS levels (no less than grade D)
- English proficiency: PTE 51 (minimum: Listening 51, Reading 51, Speaking 51, Writing 51) or equivalent, IELTS 5.5 (minimum: Listening 5.5, Reading 5.5, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.5) or equivalent, TOEFL 87 (minimum: Reading 22, Writing 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23) or equivalent
- Full Personal Statement – explaining how you would benefit from the course
- Mature students (over 21) are accepted, subject to professional references
The Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on bringing real-world business environments into each class. This means assessments typically take the form of coursework, presentations, exams and projects. This way you can focus on the challenges you will face throughout your career before you even start. Our tutors will also provide support and expert guidance at every turn.
Give your job prospects a boost by gaining real-life business experience. You can undertake a work placement option that counts as credit towards your diploma. Our dedicated careers team is here to help you find the right opportunity.
If you prefer a hands-on approach to learning and want to enter the business world ready for success, then this The HND in Business is for you. The wide range of the course topics on the syllabus provides an invaluable advantage, whether you are looking to start your career or have already spent some time working.
The HND can open the door to a successful career, undergraduate studies or a professional course.
You will begin by covering the foundations of modern business– such as marketing, strategy and business law. Management modules will then build on this core knowledge, so you will develop the leadership expertise to implement decisions based on sound business knowledge.
You can study in the heart of Birmingham with other top students from around the world. This means you will enjoy a truly international and complete learning experience.
Through FBT you can also:
- Take advantage of small classes – providing more attention and support
- Further your knowledge with an undergraduate degree in business offered at FBT
- Stay up-to-date with industry changes through regular syllabus reviews
- Benefit from the industry and teaching experience of our faculty
- Share and develop ideas with an expanding community of international students